Keeping it Simple
We take customer privacy very seriously. As such, we will never sell or share your personal information with any person, or entity, that would compromise your privacy in any way. The information that is automatically collected when you place an order and/or interact with our educational material, will only be used to identify ways in which we, the Kowa team, can continuously increase the value that we provide to you as our customer. Said even more simply, protecting your privacy is extremely important to us.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Please note that when you make a purchase, or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Furthermore, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud (monitoring for fraud protects both us, the company, and you, the customer); and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
As it pertains to these rights, please note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (ie. if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Furthermore, please note that in order to fulfill said contracts, information will be transferred to Canada (via our website store host, Shopify) and the United States (where our company, Kowa, operates and does business).
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The hemp-derived CBD space is rapidly changing and evolving. The evolution of this industry varies by state, providence, and country. As such, despite there currently being no set legal restriction on the purchasing age of hemp-derived CBD products, this site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 years old, and would like to use this site for any reason, it is required that you consult with your parent or guardian as it pertains to your use of this Site. Ultimately, it is the user's responsibility to know whether or not they are able to interact with our Site and purchase our products. To be clear, in order to purchase our products and use our Site, you must be of the legal age required for the area in which you reside. Furthermore, it will be the user's sole responsibility, not ours, to determine age eligibility.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Kowa LLC, 2369 E 430 S, Spanish Fork UT 84660, United States